Friday, May 1, 2009

Bedtime

I am so not a morning person. So, this morning, Bin wakes up and I drag myself out of bed, only to crash on the couch. Bin looks at me, asks "Mommy sleeping?" Trying to, but failing. Then, she insists that I follow her. She points to her bed and then starts pushing me in, completely ignoring my protests that I am way too big. Finally, I crawl into her bed, where she puts a blanket over me, kisses my forehead and activates her glo-worm. She then wished me a good night and closed her door on me. Two seconds later, she popped her head in to check on me and then snuck back out. :)

We also had fun with ice cream today. We went to Marble Slab Ice cream. Bin was so excited and wanted to watch the woman mix in her candy. So, I picked her up so she could see. Bin immediately grabbed the plastic shielding and tried to propel herself head first onto the table where they mix the ice cream. Obviously, she did not want to wait for her ice cream. What I found strange though, is the ice scream scooper woman said, wow, I have never seen a kid try to do that. How is that possible? Ice cream, a row of candy jars and just a thin plastic shielding- surely lots of kids try to fling themselves over it. Red Eyes says I am just the only parent silly enough to hold a kid up that close to the ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet girl- it is one of the only stories you have told which makes it seem like she likes you

    ReplyDelete